Oak Hammock Uniform Dress Code 2016-2017
Shirts: Orange, Blue (Light Blue, Royal Blue, Navy), White and Gray Solid color, polo style collared shirts or Oak Hammock t-shirts.
- Polo shirts must have a maximum of 3 buttons (not cap sleeve).
- All shirts must be tucked in and fit appropriately.
- A single brand logo (approximately the size of a quarter) may appear on the shirt’s chest or sleeve area.
- Students are only allowed to wear a plain white t-shirt/camisole/long sleeve shirt underneath the polo shirt.
Pants/Shorts/Capris/Skirts: Acceptable colors – Navy and Khaki
- All uniform bottoms must be a solid color listed above.
- Uniform bottoms must be worn at the waist, above the hip/pelvic bone.
- Uniform bottoms must fit appropriately (No tight pants).
- All pants, skirts and shorts must have belt loops; length of skirts and shorts must be at or below the knee in the standing position.
The following items may not be worn:
- Joggers, jeans, denim of any color, cargo shorts/pants, carpenter pants, low rise bottoms, hip hugger bottoms, torn clothing, extra zippers, extra pockets, ties and/or strings, non-functional buttons, ornamental stitching, yoga pants, spandex, stretch fabrics
- Belt buckles should not display names, logos, flags, or other emblems
- Over-sized buckles
Jackets/Sweaters: solid color with no pattern or graphics
- Jackets must be a solid color, and must be unzipped at all times.
- Pullover sweaters, pullover sweatshirts, and hooded sweatshirts are not allowed.
Shoes: Closed toe shoes secured properly including tennis shoes, sneakers, loafers, or topsiders
- No sandal, slipper-type shoes or beach-type shoes, including shoes made out of mesh or plastic, and no Croc
- No boots
- No Bandanas
- No lines or designs in eyebrows
- Hats, caps, headgear, gloves and sunglasses are NOT permitted in the building. There may be exceptions for medical conditions (with a doctor’s note) and/or physical education classes being held outside which permit sunglasses and hats. The administration will determine these exceptions.
- Any necklace should be worn under the shirt.
- Hair coloring, style, and accessories that may cause a disruption to the educational environment are prohibited. No spiked hair or mohawks.
* All other Dress Code requirements already in the student handbook and aligned with the Lee County School District.
* The principal and staff will designate special event days and provide the students with information on how the dress code may be altered for those days
* All uniform dress code issues not addressed above will be subject to administrative discretion.
1st Dress Code Violation = Warning (Parent contact)
2nd Dress Code Violation = Warning (Parent contact)
3rd Dress Code Violation = Student will receive an afternoon detention (Parent Contact)